This recipe originally appears on Goop. The ginger in this dressing goes a long way in helping you digest this salad, and energetically warms this salad to keep it from being to cold. It makes a great snack or a light lunch. Feel free to add any other vegetables you'd like to this salad.
TIME: 5 minutes
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 large shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 T fresh ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 T rice wine vinegar
- 2 T water
- 1 T miso, preferably sweet white
- 1 T roasted sesame oil
- 1/4 C grapeseed oil (or olive oil)
- 2 C greens or lettuce
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 avocado, diced
Finely chop carrot, ginger, and shallot in food processor. Add vinegar, miso, and sesame oil, while food processor is on low setting. Slowly add grapeseed oil and then water to desired consistency. This dressing is enough for 2 servings, so store half of it for up to 1 week.
Toss lettuce, onion, and avocado in a bowl with half of dressing. Serve immediately.